University of Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara has a symbol which illustrated as follows:
- The Sun;
- The Word “Muhammadiyah” in Arabic Letters;
- The Shahada in Arabic Letters;
- The Rice and Cotton paints;
- The Sentences of “Universitas Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara” in Circle Form; And
- The Pentagon Circle.
The Sun: An aerospace created by Allahl, Its light very useful to His creatures. Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah describes the motion and usefulness of The sun with its light that always useful for every human being.The meaning of a symbol mentioned above are:
- The Word “Muhammadiyah” in Arabic Letters: It is the name of Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah (Muhammadiyah union).
- The Shahada in Arabic Letters: It is means the testify that there is no God except Allahl and prophet Muhammad b is the messenger of Allahl. This faith is an Aqidah that the most essential for every Muslim. Thus, Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah called on mankind to consciously embrace Islam and The enforcer of Islam.
- The Rice and Cotton paints: It consists of 19 rice stalks and 12 cotton stalks, both combination shows, the year of Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah establishment in Indonesia which also means The prosperity and welfare that became national goals.
- The Sentences of “Universitas Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara” in Circle Form: A High educational institution of Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah located at Sumatera Utara.
- The Pentagon Circle: A symbol of Pancasila Philosophy
The Structure of Leaders and Members of University of Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara’ Senate
The University Senate is a normative and representative institution of the university.
- The university senate has tasks:
- Formulate academic policy and university development. The University senate has implemented this task in a discussion and a formation form until The Statutes like Strategic Plans (RENSTRA), Operational Plan (RENOP) has formed.
- Formulate academic achievement valuation policy and proficiency and civitas academica personality. The university Senate has implemented this task in a discussion and formation form until issuance of university policy or rector’s decision which related to academic achievement valuation policy and proficiency also civitas academica personality.
- With rector formulates the implementation norm of university.
- Valuated a university leader responsibility of a policy implementation.
- Provide consideration to the Implementing Board of the candidates proposed to be appointed as Rector and Vice Rector.
- Provide consideration to the authorized officials about lecturer academic promotion to be Head Lector or Profesor. The University Senate has implemented this task by providing a University Senate Consideration Report to occupy Head Lecturer Position’s upwards from the lecturer who proposed promotion to this position.
- Enforce the relevant norms of university. The University Senate has implemented this task by providing consideration of the norms implementation with its sanction to the civitas academica that has violated the norms.
- Inaugurated Honorary Doctoral Degree for the eligible. This task has never been done by a University Senate because it’s never done before.
- The University Senate could supervise the implementation of university budget.